map-marker Sammamish, Washington

Itinerary change

Hello I received received bad news that my itinerary for my cruise is changing. I booked this cruise for specific places to see, and now I am going to places I have been to already.

These are once in a lifetime experiences and missing out on certain places is very disheartening. I do understand that things happen and may be out of your control. I just feel there will be a couple waisted days on my trip. I have contacted my agent several times and even asked for his managers contact information and my e mails have been ignored.

His name Javier Hernandez. I am just looking for some sort of compensation for the couple of days that I feel will be wasted.

Guest

I have a feeling compensation is your middle name. If you are old then you should never go on a cruise and just do land vacations if it’s that big a deal.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2492957

What does it say in the contract with the cruise line? This might have been included at their discretion, for the safety of the passengers, crew and the ship itself.

Sorry to hear about this happening. It's happened to me too with no reimbursement.

Christina W Gqq
reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2492957

Maybe you should just keep your opinions to yourself since you can’t give good productive advice or comments. No wonder your logged in as a Guest. Too much of an *** to be yourself.

View more comments (2)
Patricia A Hmj

| map-marker Ushuaia, Tierra Del Fuego

Urgent Assistance Boarding Norwegian Star Ushuaïa 24/2/2024

My husband and I were due to board the Norwegian Star in Buenos Aires on the 18/2/2024. Our visa had apparently expired and were told we could not board the ship.

The advice we received from the Norwegian Star check in staff was: 1 cancel our cruise and return home.

2: Make our way to Ushuaïa in Argentina and board the ship from there.

We have made our way to Ushuaïa and plan to commence our holiday from there On the 24/2/2024 when the Norwegian Star is due to dock.

What is the process we need to take going through security to board the ship and what is the best time to check in?

Our booking reservation is 4837**** in the name of Atkins Patricia Edith and Atkins Neil John.

We are quite anxious after our experience in Buenos Aires and look forward to your reply.

Kind Regards

Patricia & Neil Atkins

User's recommendation: Make sure the cruise line emphasis where and what visa are required individually .

Janice P Ayf

| map-marker Ann Arbor, Michigan

Epic cruise Dec 1-2023

Norwegian Cruise Line - Epic cruise Dec 1-2023

Huge dissatisfaction with food, buffet hours,daytime activities, disability access to restaurants and theater as well as many excursions.

Ready to leave ship second day finally able to arrange flights from Lisbon.

Pool and jacuzzi only outside in very inclement weather conditions. No wind protection or heater provided to these guests.

No water features inside.

Smoking there or in special Cassino locations but only by playing as well.

Cigar area provided tho.

I am on a limited income and saved to provide this cruise for my daughter who has been battling cancer for three years.

We are extremely disappointed in our experience with this cruise line.

I have sailed with three others and have been delighted. This was nothing less ke we expected or hoped for.

I will no be able or want to recommend Norwegian to anyone.

Some compensation would be greatly appreciated.

User's recommendation: Do not sail with Norwegian

| map-marker San Diego, California

Tried To Book A Cruise Online -- Disaster!

The site said "chat with a live agent." So I signed in, but got a damn robot trying to get my phone number to give me a call back within 24 hours. Unacceptable.

Signed out and logged back in specifically requesting a live agent. One finally "comes aboard" and, after I state which cruise I'm interested in and ask best price, I am told that they cannot quote me a price on the chat site. Fine. I'll book with someone else.

Then why bother having a live agent on a chat line. I then checked out NCL online and discovered they have very low ratings/lots of complaints. That did it for me. Too bad for them - I am a major traveler with a big following.

Oh well. They need to vastly improve/be better!

User's recommendation: Think Twice Before Booking With NCL - Check Reviews Online

Glenda S Fpn

Verified Reviewer

Need final statement for onboard account.

This is my second request. I never received my final onboard account statement. My name is Glenda Sherrod. The booking number was 5306**** for a cruise on the Norwegian Breakaway Jan, 28 - Feb.4, 2024. Cabin number was 9290. I need the statement because some of the charges were for things for my travel companion and I need to know how much she owes me. Please email the statement to me at darcysherrod2@***.com. Thank you for your assistance.
Pros:
  • Overall good cruise
Cons:
  • Unable to speak to a live person for customer service

Preferred solution: my final onboard account statement

User's recommendation: be sure to get your final onboard account statement before leaving the ship

Enzo V Mok

Billiing question

I signed a formal agreement to wave gratitude because I tipped over 500 dollar to the people that serve me. I paid on my card a bill for over a thousand not sure what these charges are
Pros:
  • Always travel with you

Preferred solution: Price reduction

ValerieandTom B

My email wont come in in 5 min with that email

You need to use Tomcbowes@***l will come in faster Valerie and Tom Bowes We live in a small town so computers don"t run so fast.
Pros:
  • Great ships and great service on board

Preferred solution: Move our flight 1 day when we come back . flight has been changed 3 times. I phoned Sat. to ask if it got changed again ,We want to stay 1 day longer In Vancouver , not much time to get luggage and get through customs the flight they have us on now.

Pamalia Mosa L

Cancel shore excursion

Norwegian Cruise Line - Cancel shore excursion
Norwegian Cruise Line - Cancel shore excursion - Image 2
We do not want to take the excursion Gathering times have her inconsista t and we just dont want to go

Preferred solution: Full refund

Lisa M Yer

Extemely Upset

Updated by user Jan 19, 2024

I have heard Nothing! I have contacted them directly and through this website.

They clearly do not care about their customers, including high status Latitudes members. Unbelievable

Original review Jan 15, 2024
Hello, We were just trying to book a cruise to Bermuda. We were told we could not use our 2 cruise credits because we were booking within 120 days, it was 119 days before the cruise. This is ridiculous! We are Sapphire Members and wanting to book the Haven. I cannot believe you treat your Higher Tiered guests like this. Due to this we did NOT book it and not sure we ever will. We are extremely disappointed with your treatment, Lisa Marandino
Pros:
  • Free style dining and most crew
Cons:
  • Always hidden rules and fees

Preferred solution: To be able to use my Cruise Next's I purchased. And Respect

User's recommendation: Just get ALL the information and document everything including who you speak to

Diania Nky

Thank you for this post. I was considering NCL but not any longer.

I see (or sea) that others have a similar complaint. I would rather pay more and get higher quality.

Resolved
Ed C Xpd

Verified Reviewer

Resolved: Poor flights on promo fares

Updated by user Dec 10, 2023

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with apology. They were very cordial and were able to accommodate our request.

Original review Nov 10, 2023
We would like to express our disappointment with NCL. We recently retired and took our first cruise earlier this year, on the NCL Encore.

We enjoyed cruising and plan on many more.
We are currently booked on a cruise in January 2024 with a promo that includes free airfare for the second guest. However, the flight departure times are horrible, and after talking to several NCL cruise consultants, they will not change our flights even though there are many available flights departing at much better times. We're senior citizens and live 2 hours from the airport, and they have us departing at 6am. On the return, they booked us on a flight that arrives just before midnight even though we'll be disembarking the ship early in the morning.

So we'll need to hang around the airport for 12 hours!
We're traveling with others who are booked on much better flights. Norwegian's inflexibility may change our mind about traveling on Norwegian again.
Pros:
  • Nice ships good service and food

Preferred solution: Different flights

User's recommendation: Be careful of promos!

Guest

After contacting numerous Norwegian representatives, we were able to have our issue resolved to our satisfaction. Thanks to Norwegian management for the personal service and for interceding on our behalf!

Guest

The early/late flight times are why the second fare was free. The fare for the first passenger is probably greatly discounted since it is insane flights. They need to fill the plane up.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2425803

Not necessarily, because our friends were booked on much better flights. But Norwegian has now resolved the issue to our satisfaction.

Guest

Perhaps book a hotel/motel room for the before and returning flights?

View more comments (3)
Lori E Ryc

| map-marker Arlington, Texas

I faced an aweful incident when boarding and then was intimidated during meeting to leave it alone not once but twice. They had video but refused to let me see it.

Norwegian Cruise Line - I faced an aweful incident when boarding and then was intimidated...
After the incident when boarding and being threatened, when I got home. I have spent 5 weeks trying to contact the head of customer service by phone and by email. She refuses to respond! I had hoped to avoid getting attorneys involved and be grownups about the situation but how do you do that when they wont speak to you. Be very careful they dont care if a crime has be committed just want it to go away by any means!!!

User's recommendation: Pick another cruise line!

map-marker Abbotsford, British Columbia

Stateroom Stuart stolen Apple Ear buds and no one will deal with the issue. We have used their in line reports with zero follow up.

My wifes Apple Ear buds did were stolen from our room. We have the persons name and address as Apple products allow you to track their location. We have submitted all form as required but no response.

User's recommendation: Don’t book without these people as the will not take ownership of their staffs illegal acts. More people like us will have items stolen and NCL doesn’t care.

map-marker New York, New York

Epic, horrible cruise ship

Getting on ship was a hot mess, said due to weather we were delayed leaving, but another cruise ship pulled out at 5:30 !!! Power went out in cabin 3 times, toilet didn't work for a good part of the day one day, internet was horrible, hair in food in main dining room, bar staff was overwhelmed, got the wrong drinks numerous times, waited 1 hour at times for drinks, buffet was always 1 main course and then the same nasty burgers, pizza, dogs, pasta.

Food was bland. Some staff was VERY RUDE. No Bud Light till day 2, small smoking areas, shower leaked all over the floor, Port times changed to leave earlier when we got there late, but managed to get back to Orlando 3 hours early. Cagneys and Room Steward was the best part.

Worst cruise ever. We got 2 cabins, put our son in one cabin by himself, he never cruised before, said if this is how cruising is then I'm not doing it again. Ive been on Carnival and Royal, never had not 1 complaint on those ships. This was bad from start to finish.

I have NEVER asked for gratuities back before, I did on this cruise! Caught a guest telling other guests he purposely sits under the steps to peak at woman's anatomy, reported it, they watched him for maybe 30 minutes, was told they were gonna move the tables from under the steps, they didn't do that. Overall rating is 0 stars. I spent 6k in 2 cabins to have the worst cruise ever.

80% of the guests complained about how awful it was, including the elderly guests!!

You should be refunding people for that nightmare of a cruise! I will go to every site I can to leave this exact review!!

User's recommendation: Avoid

Diania Nky

Extremely helpful review just as I was deciding whether to take a cruise with them. Now I am not.

Others have also stated what you did.

And what's with the $20/day for the bad service you received? Absolutely ask for a refund, and also tell the company (and BBB) that this should be clearly identified at booking and made to be optional, as in "opt-in" not an opt-out!

map-marker Nutley, New Jersey

Entertainment

Hi I am booked on NCL on 8/4/24 to Bermuda. As I was reading the blogs there was information that NCL will be removing all the shows from joy replacing it with an interactive production of Wheel of Fortune. Is that true, if it is why did they make that decision. One of the most annoying part of any cruise is their game shows. Did they poll the customers before making this decision. What other shows are now being offered on this ship? Respectfully,

User's recommendation: Cruise with Royal or Disney, better customer service

map-marker Darlington, Darlington

Complaints

i have several complaints about my recent visit on JOY. is this the correct email to send a complaint to?