Tru Aiq

To: reviews@***.com

Subject: Norwegian Gem

My 3rd

Left from Miami

Cabin was an interior and very small no extra space whatsoever. Had to sit sidewise on the toilet

Norwegian Gem

Dining - wouldnt recommend the dinning room no variety whatsoever and the food was just so-so.

Activities very limited

Service our room was clean

Entertainment - substandard compared to other cruise lines.

The cruise director was too phoney I enjoy listening to some who is more down to earth and doesnt repeat themselves.

Port & Shore Excursions.

Ok

Disembarkation Ok

In Summary I would never recommend Norwegian Gem for the following reasons.

Overcrowded

Food not good

Annoying crews director

Dirty eating tables

Cabins too small

Entertainment so-so

Not enough open lounging poolside towels on every lounge chair again, due to the overcrowding.

Mens bathroom I used on three occasions had no working hand soap dispensers

Ive been on Holland America and Celebrity and they are definitely superior to Norwegian Gem.

I will not cruise with them again. Hopefully this will help in selecting who your vacation with the next time.

Gary Thomas

Sent from my iPhone

Guest

It sounds like you went cheap. For being stuck on a ship if you don’t spend big money, you will not enjoy yourself.

Wally Djr

Good

View more comments (1)
map-marker Ann Arbor, Michigan

Epic repositioning cruise

Norwegian Cruise Line - Epic repositioning cruise

Left our 17 day cruise after just 7 days. Our cabin accommodation was exemplary and our specialty dining at Cagney was top notch.

We really enjoyed Burn the Floor. The cast was Broadway class comedians Julie and especially Roland were great as well. Violinist es extremely talented Magician not so much .

Always had to park my scooter and try to walk to a seat somewhere. This does not sufficiently accommodate those with mobility issues.

Eliminating the first three rows of seats would allow wheelchairs and scooters parking sections or at the top even.

We ate at the taste pretty regularly.

Found the service at the Manhattan somewhat lacking.

The buffet open ended and closed at such irregular hours we never could figure out how to er food there and always the same at lunch. We didnt find much of anything except fruit and salad there often times told no yet even for breads. Meats were tasteless at all eateries.

Unless doing excursions nothing I do but drink or sleep. W could not get the drink package and the one shuttle we booked it poured down rain for my scooter - no refunds.

Only smoking venue was on 15 in the wind and rain and cold.

With no wind barriers even provided to guests let alone heater units. A smoking room would be cruiser friendly vented outside.

Must play to smoke in the casino. I played but my daughter was not allowed to smoke unless she played too. Cigars had their own inside space tho.

No swimming or hot tubs enclosed except the SPA.

Everything costs extra including Bingo. Craft sessions were pathetic and I was looking forward to at least that.

Days were long even the one sea day had nothing promising so we left the ship very disappointed and unhappy with NCL in general. Can see no reason why we would ever consider it again.

I must say that I sailed on MSC same venue last November from Rome to the US and there was something to do all day and into the night. Buffet was always open hot tubs everywhere.

Their evening entertainment was lousy tho but accommodations for people with mobility problems was excellent.

I will say that your staff was very helpful and considerate to anything I even looked like I needed.

I was more than happy to tip them when I could. Unhappy travelers

User's recommendation: Not Epic

Martha P Ngq

| map-marker Colorado Springs, Colorado

Very unhappy with my port changes and my itinerary changes.

I have an upcoming Cruise NCL STAR on May 18th 2024. My port has been changed and 2 of my stops have been made into sea days. For our inconvenience, we will receive $100 on board credit. THIS IS ALL NOT FAIR, We had been worn not to sail with NCL. But we when ahead gave your company a try. We also booked a cruise on December 6th on the Bliss. Im anxious to see what NCL is going to take away from us on the Bliss. Sorry but never again.I will be expressing my frustration on the media.
Elizabeth S Fbg

Celebration

Hello,

I am extremely upset. I have 2 cabins booked for Norwegian Joy sailing to Bermuda, June 2, 2024 to June 8, 2024, reservation # 5371**** and 5371****.

First and foremost when we booked these cabins, we booked so they were across from one another. We just discovered that our cabins were not across from one another. I called customer service to ask if we could possibly have a free upgrade to 2 adjoining balcony rooms. We are loyal NCL customers and celebrating adopting 2 foster children that we have.

I was immediately shutdown and told that NCL doesn't hand out free items. I was treated so badly just for asking. I then contacted NCL again and only to be told that the cruise was full and I couldn't even move my rooms. I'm so disappointed in my interactions with NCL.

We have never had issues and at this point, the celebration is quickly going downhill.

At this point, sadly I'm ready to just cancel the entire trip and work with another cruise line that can at the very least treat us properly and give us adjoining rooms. The added bonus would be for at least sharing in our happy occasion and knowing that they're adding a lifetime experience to 2 children that have extreme trauma.

Thanks, Norwegian for making our vacation extra special.

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: Other foster to adopt families have booked with Celebrity who is known to help with celebrations.

Katrina C Mvp

Verified Reviewer

My lost bookbag was shipped to me and it was enpty. My passport was in there and my $1000 cintacts!¡

Can't get a customer service person by phone Before I left port I realized I'd left my bookbag with my passport and $1000 contacts. I immediately told a person at tge Port I'd left it in my room. She radioed and told someone this on tge ship. She then said someone would be contacting me. Never heard from them. Filled out form online, was emailed and told it was found. Paid $60 to have it shipped. The bag was EMPTY!!!AllowHave someone in tge ship toHVr
Pros:
  • Last is the best restaurant
  • Love my balcony view
  • Loved my servers
Cons:
  • 1000 contact was stolen from my bookbag
  • Passport was stolen out of my bookbag i forgot
  • Did not like standing in bar line for my side package

Preferred solution: My passport and contacts...if not then $1200 for all missing items...also about 5 power cords and 2 cubes.

User's recommendation: Have someone on the ship designated to go to rooms and retrieve the item. Have honest people working instead tmof thieves. THEY TOOK MY PASSPORT...Now I have to report it stolen and will let them know NCL stole my passport.

Resolved
Chris C Nkz

Resolved: Very Good

Updated by user Feb 26, 2024

Check in time.

Original review Feb 26, 2024
I was checking in. I clicked two slots for 9:30 at port. Suddenly, as I am doing my daughter's (last on list) it freezes. Says slot is not available. So, she gets 10:30. I said are they going to leave my daughter on the dock? They said no she can check in with me. I found the woman answered my specialty dining question too. I am very happy
Pros:
  • Were forthcoming with all questions
Cons:
  • Draw in price is good

Preferred solution: Clarification

User's recommendation: Great Customer Service

Ann N Dxw

Question about check in

I was not very happy that l was hung up on the first call after waiting for 30 minutes then the next person just hung up after l explained what was happening. Thankfully the last person was fantastic. He was amazing.l truly hope on the cruise l meet more people like him.

Preferred solution: Better service

map-marker Wildwood, Florida

Was calling to find out information about cruise to the Caribbean. all the customer service reps I spoke to had an attitude. They were rude and had a very hurried attitude. They were not friendly

Called to find out information about the various cruises. Everyone I spoke to had an attitude.

They were in a hurry to finish the call. Were not friendly at all.they were not interested in helping at all. The last lady I spoke to was very off hand and when I asked why I could not see online the cruise she was taking about her answer was I dont know. Very rude and wanted to get off the phone.

She did not want to take time to explore the different price options with me. What I felt from her and the other 2 reps I spoke to were that they were in a hurry to get off the phone. While I was looking to see if I could find the cruise online that she was telling me about she did not give me the time to look it up and asked me if I wanted to know anything else.

It was she wanted to get off the phone told her if she doesnt want to help then Ill call and speak to someone else and her response to me Im not going to take your attitude and hung up on me. Very unprofessional and unhelpful and not friendly all 3 customer service reps I spoke to.

User's recommendation: Very bad and unprofessional customer service reps

Guest

They aren’t there to hold your hand while you search online.

Harriet D Yxf

| map-marker Queensbury, New York

Worse cruise

Can't speak to a real person, been trying for weeks. And now the answer is contact a lawyer.

Seriously...not bothering wasting my time with this issue. All and all I will take my loss and not give Norwegian another penny of mine. Keep what you took from me, you obviously need it more than a Grandparent raising two grandchildren on a fixed income. All I wanted to do is share the wonderful feeling I had on our first cruise with Norwegian.

As far as they know mission accomplished, I didn't burden the children with my disappointment. I didn't want to ruin our time we made together.

I will, however, every chance I have bash Norwegian.

User's recommendation: Try another cruise line.

Guest

You wasted your time posting here by not sharing the issue.

Guest

No one cares about your lame threat to call an attorney. FYI, granny, everyone is on a fixed income.

What kind of an idiot would spend money on a cruise on a "fixed income" would spend money a cruise. You knew your complaint was lame when you padded it with raising a couple of kids. I see this all of the time.

Some people make better grandparents than parents and end up raising their grandchildren. Fool...

View more comments (1)
Richard A Vly

Verified Buyer

NCL - Nagging, Rude, Condescending

Norwegian Cruise Line - NCL - Nagging, Rude, Condescending

We've sailed NCL often, but will NEVER do so again. Since the pandemic they have gone down, down, down, just like their stock.

They call/email incessantly now, begging you to sail with them, and track your log-ins on the website. Then, they call call callas late as 8pm and 9pm at night. And when you get even the slightest bit irritated to a C/S rep, they lie to you about you having given them permission to call you & hang up on you. Then, when you call corporate office, they are just as rude & hang up on you, too!

OMG. Unreal. Sail Windstar, which is an AMAZING cruise line. Or, Viking, or heck, even Royal Caribbean.

NCL needs to close its doors, IMHO.

Went from Excellent, to good, to okay, to awful. I even own stock in NCL, which I'll be selling.

Pros:
  • Good food
Cons:
  • Customer service

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: Don't sail NCL

Diania Nky

Report them to the BBB, industry regulator, and attorney general in your state as needed. That gets their attention and hopefully away from you.

You can always trash them mercilessly online until they (and their potential customers) get the message. Pissedconsumer reviews help me decide which company to choose.

Alain S Uzu

Facturation detail

Hi, I am the Ncl customer 26986****. I was cruising on the Sun ended the 8 of march at Miami, room 8314. I reveived a facture of 24.35$CA the 7 of March. I would like to know the detail. Thank you, Excuse my English, Alain Spenard

Preferred solution: Explanation

Harriet D Yxf

| map-marker Queensbury, New York

Overcharged and other.

NCL seem to even make a joke about your consumers who are not happy. PISSED OFF. What a joke, still don't talk to a person. I guess they think once you put it pit you feel better. Well not me, and I'm sure I'm not a lone. With minimal time to take care off everything.I think when I read something in your papers about getting a lawyer may be the only way to get these problems taken care of.

User's recommendation: Try another cruise line.

Edward R Rjk

Horrible decision from NCL

So disappointed in NCL, we were on the Getaway and had a 5 day crusie for Bermuda from 12/16/23 to 12/21/23. The week where all the ports were pretty much closed due to weather.

When we left everything seemed okay, there was also another ship behind us that was suppose to go to Bermuda. Which was the MSC cruise line. They decided to switch and go to Canada. Smart move on there end...

This was our first cruise. We never made it to Bermuda and we had a horrible sail, It was so Rocking the whole way, hardly were able to walk. We were 13 miles from Bermuda when the Captian got on the intercom and said we will not be going. We will stay at a horrible sea and try and find smoother water.

Anyway besides us being stuck on the ship. It was at full capacity. We purchased a Spa for 2. $600 later we were excited to use it.

But also do to it being so rocky. They closed down the jacuzzi and also the messaging pool. They had a salt room and suana open. Also heated ceramic chairs.

For 2 days they closed the pool and jacuzzi in tbe spa. For 10$ i got all that at my gym back home. We were only able to go once. They never told us if the seas that they already knew was rough it would close those functions.

We would have never purchased it. The both times we went they had no ropes or chairs. They over booked to take our money and couldnt accommodate all of us. Shame on them.

Kids club was so packed if you didnt wait over an hour in line. Your kid woule never make it. They need more space to accommodate all the kids. Also the food was definitely subpar.

The buffet and speciality restaurants were good but other than that it was bland and basic. The outside activities the ones that are free were closed due to winds I'm assuming. So hard to find water and going to packed bars or also all the way to a rocky 15th buffet that was always extremely packed. It was almost impossible to get water.

Room serviced was a charge and the both times we ordered it they forgot something. The 2nd time they forgot I called and 3 hours later they called back and asked us for cookies. 2am btw we were already sleeping. After 10pm there is only one spot open to eat and it was extremely busy at all times.

Casino was okay. They need better machines. Ship was definitely well maintained and also the workers were definitely good people. Hard workers.

For our first cruise not just judging that we didn't get to port at Bermuda was definitely a 4/10.

We will try another cruise line. Very dissatisfied.

Loss:
Pros:
  • Price is good
Cons:
  • Lack of trust

Preferred solution: A extremely good credit for a next cruise. Or $600 refund for the poor spa experience.

User's recommendation: Be careful and ask plenty of questions of the services you are buying

map-marker Halifax, Nova Scotia

To buy a first time cruise voucher

Im not a pissed customer, I was told that even though I put my deposit down I could still buy a first time cruise voucher but I was told no because it wasnt a new booking but it is and Ive never cruised with Norwegian. My cousin is a travel agent and she just one for her client after is paid her deposit
Catherine R Xhw

Case submission Case no 585719

we are still waiting for a follow up on our case no 585719 that was provided by Joao Gigante on February 15th .

all information regarding our complainte is specified by the cruise director , Mr. Gigante , he specified that a detailed report will be added on our cruise voyage report ant that it will be sent o Miami

corporate Guest Relations for reference and that we would be contacted within 5 days , it is now way passed the 5 days and still nothing ... this situation is not acceptable , please act upon this request to avoid further legal actions and média coverage.

Regards